We love problem solving in 5th class. Here are some problems for you to try at home. Give your answers to Miss Fitzpatrick, there may be some raffle tickets for your hard work!!
1. A large box contains 18 small boxes and each small box contains 25 chocolate bars. How many chocolate bars are in the large box?
2. It takes John 25 minutes to walk to the car park and 45 to drive to work. At what time should he get out of the house in order to get to work at 9:00 a.m.?
3. Kim can walk 4 kilometers in one hour. How long does it take Kim to walk 18 kilometers?
4. A factory produced 2300 TV sets in its first year of production. 4500 sets were produced in its second year and 500 more sets were produced in its third year than in its second year. How many TV sets were produced in three years?
5. Tom and Bob have a total of 49 toys. If Bob has 5 more toys than Tom, how many toys does each one have?
6. John can eat a quarter of a pizza in one minute. How long does it take John to eat one pizza and a half?